Given the amount of cat and dog owners at Ai, needless to mention the dedicated meow@ internal mailing list the company uses for cat-related emails, it only made sense for Ai’s next volunteer event to include animals of some kind. Luckily enough, we were able to find a perfect match.
Last week, over a dozen Ai employees ventured to the East side of Manhattan for a half day of volunteering at Bideawee.
Our itinerary was as follows:
- 9:30-9:40am: Arrival and Welcome
- 9:40-9:50am: Introduction to Organization
- 9:50-10:15am: Tour of facility
- 10:15-10:55am: Adoption folder assembly for Adoption Center adoptions
- 10:55-11:30am: Gift bag assembly for Adoption Center adoptions
- 11:30am-11:50am: Make Kong treats for dogs
- 11:50-1:15pm: Dog & cat socialization & play session
- 1:15-1:30pm: Parting gift bag, group picture and goodbyes
“Bideawee” is a Scottish saying that means “stay a while”. Bideawee believes that every dog and cat deserves to live in a safe, loving, suitable home, and until that home is found, Bideawee employees and volunteers provide that support system for however long it may take to find an adopter. Bideawee’s mission to cultivate and support the life-long relationships between pets and the people who love them really hit home to many of Ai’s employees.
While we were all extremely tempted, no one left with a new furry companion, but we all definitely left with a great sense of joy that we were able to partake in something so rewarding.
For a full gallery of our day spent at Bideawee, please visit Ai’s Facebook photo album.