Our tradition of Hamster Time lives on at Ai. Last Friday’s theme took a more physically active twist.
In honor of the Crossfit Regionals and a Ragnar Relay that took place last weekend (and our fond memories of American Gladiators and Battle Dome), we decided to host Ai’s first ever Hamster Time Relay.
With teams of three or four, Ai’s finest took on the following challenges:
- Ride scooter from corner of office, into Wilbur*, around the table, out of Wilbur, to the front door entrance
- Take Developer book off of front desk and balance on head as you walk to Piglet*
- Solve word jumble puzzle on Piglet whiteboard
- Balance an egg on a spoon and walk from Piglet, around the spaceship couches, as you step over obstacles on the ground
- Place egg and spoon in bowl on file cabinet by the printer and pick up a cut-out mustache and put on the blindfold
- Pin the mustache on Ron Swanson
- At the pool table, shoot the eight ball into any pocket
- Go to Boat Drinks* and write Alexander Interactive on the whiteboard
- Limbo out of Boat Drinks under a pool cue
- Pick up a blown up balloon from the café table and keep tapping it in the air until you travel back to cross the finish line
- David Ow, Director of Project Management, did try to become another obstacle by positioning himself on the ground as another thing to step over while balancing the egg on the spoon.
- The toughest part of the whole thing was the word jumble (the words ended up being: Mayor Jack, Canopy and Schmelkin).
- Terran, a Back-End Developer at Canopy Commerce blew the competition away by solving the word jumble in record time.
The team that completed all activities the fastest won. Times were not revealed until the last team was finished.
Six teams competed, but there was one clear winner – Team Canopy, comprised of Terran, April (Producer), and Jesse (Visual Designer) took home the 2012 Ai Hamster Relay title with a time of three minutes and 15 seconds (3:15). Almost four minutes separated first place and sixth place.
Video, including interviews with the winning team, to come.
* Our conference rooms are named as follows – (Wilbur, Piglet, Burt Reynolds, Charles Bronson, Boat Drinks, Lamb Chop) – because why shouldn’t they be?