Meet The Team
Digital geniuses, experience experts,
and UX leaders.
Meet the team at Ai.
The Directors of Freshness
Founder, Chief Executive Officer
- Speaker at the 2012 IRWD conference: "For Designers: How to Get Your IT Department to Support Your User Experience Initiatives."
- Panelist at the OMMA Tablet Revolution event: "Is Your Buy Button Ready to Tap Into the T-Commerce Juggernaut?"
- Speaker at a dinner hosted by the Retail and Consumer Products Industry Practice of JH Cohn: "Increasing the ROI from Your Ecommerce Site."
- Recent bylines/articles: How to Maximize Mobile Commerce in 2011, Make Way for T-Commerce
- Alex was recently interviewed by FOLIO magazine, offering tips for designers looking to make a smooth transition to T-Commerce.
Alex Schmelkin, founder and CEO of Alexander Interactive (Ai), has been helping companies build their businesses online since 1994. His expertise includes digital strategy, technology governance, and the architecture and design of large enterprise and e-commerce systems.
Alex’s strategies have produced measurable business results for his e-commerce clients, ranging from double-digit conversion rate increases to 100 percent year-over-year revenue growth. He has created successful online initiatives for a wide variety of influential global brands, including Citigroup, Lowe's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Pepperidge Farm, Continental Airlines, Schwinn, FragranceNet.com and DonorsChoose.org.
Under Alex's direction, Ai has grown from a small web business to a full-service interactive agency. The team has secured prestigious industry awards, including IMA Agency of the Year and the Amazon.com Nonprofit Innovation Award, and has launched a successful mentoring program that connects teenagers with technology and online business. Alex regularly speaks at technology conferences and trade shows and is quoted in the national business and trade press.
Before founding Ai, Alex co-founded and grew another web design firm, New York-based Davanita Design, that was acquired by Avatar Technology.
Alex also serves on the Board of Directors for United Stationers (NASDAQ:USTR), a leading wholesale distributor of business products with 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion.
Alex holds a bachelor's degree from Cornell University. He enjoys time with family, Yankee games, billiards and magic. Long ago, he was known as the "Yiddish Magician," but those days are long gone
Alex lives in New York, N.Y. with his wife and three kids.