Hip brand with a multimedia focus, Virgin Mobile needed to redevelop its Web Album for storing and sharing media.
Virgin tapped Ai for its development know-how and social media strategy. The result is MyPix, a site that lets Virgin customers manually or automatically share photos and videos with friends and social networks.
Inspiring more usage from all users
Ai's goal was to bring the visceral pleasures of sharing media to the safe, branded context of the Virgin Mobile site, yielding more site visits, opportunities for up-sells, and more mobile device usage. The site had to be easy to use, fun, and aligned with the hip Virgin brand. The MyPix project was created for two distinct segments of Virgin Mobile customers, its prepaid (monthly) and post-paid (pay-per-use) customers, with the goal of defining a single experience for all users.
Intuitive, seamless and easy-to-use
- Photos and videos can be manually or automatically transferred from Virgin Mobile phones into the browser-based MyPix app
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface that mimics the actions of desktop media applications like iPhoto
- Destinations box allows users to sync their MyPix files with social networking and media websites, such as Facebook and Flickr
- Seamlessly sends media from Virgin Mobile's app to the destinations of a user's choice
- "File Upload Center" for easy graphics and logo embellishment
20,000Photo uploads per day